Wednesday 6 October 2010

A Nikon for $69

front
I just cannot believe it. Harvey Norman in Hamilton was selling this digital camera for only $69 on 23d Jan 2012. My old Cybershot is still working perfectly; but this Nikon has so many  pixels and have so many other features that I decided to buy it immediately for keeping as a spare camera.

rear view
Although it does not have a touch screen feature like other more expensive cameras in the Lumix range (Kevin's). I found it very simple and easy to operate and have no regrets at all for having bought it.

I have also noticed that the memory card in the Nikon is different. I can no longer use the card from the Cybershot; but the USB lead is identical. The Nikon is cheap because it did not come with a bag, memory card or rechargeable batteries. Those are extras. I bought a 4 Gb memory card for $23 (2 Gb costs $12). I can reuse the chargeable batteries from the Cybershot when necessary.

For some reason my computer cannot read the CD that came with it (Nikon ViewNX2); but my Picasa software programme seems to know what to do when I connected the cable from camera to computer USB jack. I did a Picasa import (download) without any trouble at all. Here is one photo which I took using the new camera to snap the old camera:
I supposed that you have already figure out that I used the old camera to take those two above photos of the new Nikon camera. Sometimes you do need two cameras. Why not, when they are so cheap?!

It is obvious to me that the camera, as a gadget is becoming obsolete because all iphones can take photos, check email as well as work as a mobile phone. Now a new player, the ipad has come on the scene. I wonder what it can do exactly. Do I need one? Probably not. Life has suddenly become so complicated. Suddenly, it became clear that I cannot go to a shop to buy my air ticket. I need to learn to book my own air ticket on line.

In 2014, Google suddenly wants me to provide a mobile phone number in case hackers try to take over my Gmail, blogs or FaceBook web site. When a suspicious action is noted, Google will text me on my mobile to warn me. The trouble is this: I don't use a mobile phone. How?!

No comments:

My Blog List